For 2018 we are reintroducing our Park and Ride Scheme to make arrival at the race simple and stress free. Car drivers are advised to park at Sandown Park Race course in Esher which is 1.8 miles from the start at Giggs Hill Green. Runners can then use our special Park and Ride bus service to travel to and from the start. Buses will be leaving Sandown Park at 5 minute intervals starting from 06:30am. The journey to the race start from Sandown Park will take approx 15 minutes.
The Park and Ride service costs just £5 per person – this includes your bus journey to and from the event.
Please use the Park and Ride facility if you are planning to travel by Car. Do not park on local roads as many of these form part of the course, and we want to avoid unnecessary disruption to local residents.
How it works.
- You must register in advance in order to use the Park & Ride service. Register by completing the form below. (Please note the question re number of people in your vehicle is for transport planning purposes only – do not worry if this changes before race day).
- After submitting the form you will receive an email confirming your registration.
- We will then email all registered participants a Car Park voucher approx 2 weeks prior to the race.
- Print your voucher.
- Arrive at Sandown Park Race Course with your Car Park voucher on show in your car. A steward will show you where to park.
- Once you have parked up head to the front entrance of Sandown which is where the buses will be picking up.
- There will be a money taker here. Pay £5 per person (please bring exact money) and you will be issued with a bus ticket which covers your outward and return bus ride.
- Hop on a bus and show your ticket to the driver. (As mentioned buses will be leaving from 06:30am at 5 minute intervals).
- See you at the Start!
After the race, return to where the bus dropped you off and hop on a return bus back to Sandown Park!